Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Sosa Trade

Living in Chicago I have to give you my impression of the Sosa trade. First some disclosures. I am a Braves fan and root for them against any team, but I also like the Cubs. I have always disliked Sosa. He struck me as incredibly insincere from the beginning, and did nothing to disprove my initial conclusion.


That being said the reaction in Chicago has been pretty understated at best. There’s been absolutely no hue or cry about it from normal fans. I haven’t heard anyone complain about Sosa, pretty much everyone believes he wore out his welcome. Fans wish they could have gotten more for him but most understood that the trade was about as good as it was going to get.

To me it showed Cubs fans aren’t as dumb as I thought.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home