Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Trust me you are Spoiled

You've been complaining about the Braves since I met you. It’s ingrained in your soul. IIRC you were complaining about Lonnie Smith 5 seconds after the Braves lost in 91. We both hated David Justice and then he goes and hits the game winner against the Tribe. I am still torn between my hate and gratitude (leaning toward hate though).

After living in Chicago for 13 years you don't know the meaning of pain. Cubs and Sox fans are constantly tortured by the travails of their teams. The White Sox haven’t won a post-season series since the teens! Everyone knows the Cubs story.

You cannot tell me you were happier about the Braves during the 80’s with Dale Murphy (I hated him more than you hate Chipper and Andrew combined), Rick Mahler, Ron Gant, Brett Butler, Zane Smith and Bob Horner. Those were the “good” players.

Face it, it’s nice to have a shot every year. Sure, I wish the Braves would spend like the Yankees and win 5 WS in the next 5 years, but it isn’t going to happen until you get rid of the corporate ownership, and probably not even then.

Besides, I thought you gave up on the Braves, why do you care?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home